Cryptographic functions

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Wed Sep 15 14:25:05 CDT 2004

Juan Lang wrote:

>Yeah, I didn't remember them showing up in advapi32
>until XP.  MSDN mentions them as part of cryptdll.dll:
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/devnotes/winprog/md5init.asp
>
>This also exists in XP.  Perhaps XP's advapi32.dll
>forwards these to cryptdll?

It would make sense for this algorithme being in cryptdll instead and
advapi32.dll just forwarding to it, if it really exports those symbols.

MSDN talks about these functions being included as resource in cryptdll.
Talk about being clear, to me they seem to be exported by name just as
other functions.

However W2K only contains the MD5 functions. A_SHA only seems to have
gotten added to XP.

Rolf Kalbermatter