MSCMS: new dll

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Mon Sep 20 10:53:54 CDT 2004

> A 'lot' is a bit of an exageration. It seems our binary packages are
> quite popular, please check the download stats (apprently they have been
> fixed as of late on SF :)). So getting our packagers to include them
> would be a great step forward. Also, providing a separate package for
> the folks that insist to build from source (under Support Files), would
> solve the problem for most of the other users.

We get ~6000 downloads a day right now which is OK but not that great,
given the size of the project. There are the other following sources
which are not tracked:

- People following CVS
- People using the source releases
- Gentoo users, Debian users, FreeBSD users, FoobarLinux users who use
   apt-get or equivalents and so on.

I would not be at all surprised if added up, the downloads from these
sources outnumbered the SF.net downloads by a fair bit. After all,
Alexandre felt that keeping ./tools/wineinstall was worth it even though
it doesn't do much these days simply because so many users would ask
(more) questions otherwise ...