MSCMS: new dll

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Sep 20 11:16:48 CDT 2004

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

> Would it help if we modify the configure script to display a list of the
> optional dependencies that were not detected. I have attached a very
> rough prototype that displays a message if NAS, Alsa or ICU is not
> found:
>
> $ ./configure
> ... many many lines later ...
> config.status: executing windows commands
>
> Notes:
> *** NAS not detected. The winenas.drv.so driver will be a dummy.
> *** ICU not detected. Building without bidi support.

I think the default messages should be restricted to the things that
most users care about, which is basically what we do already (with
FreeType for instance). 99% of our users couldn't care less if NAS or
ICU is missing, so we shouldn't add noise about that.

If the goal is to help packagers to get it right, then we can add a
--enable-packager-mode option that does extra diagnostics without
unnecessarily scaring end users.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org