Help with GetConsoleWindow()

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Sep 20 15:17:23 CDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Ewert, Mark wrote:
> "wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000d), starting debugger...
> WineDbg starting on pid 0x8
> Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x41a417a4 in 32-bit
> code (0x10007239).
> In 32 bit mode."
>
> A window pops up that says:
>
> "Uhandled page fault on write access to 0x41a417a4 at address 0x10007239
> Do you wish to debug it?"

Is this oming from another thread or even another process?  IMHO, you
should try running in some way similar to this:

$ WINEDEBUG=+loaddll,+process,+tid wine ...

to see more interesting info in the output of Wine.

> When I click yes I get a dump of all the register/memory locations. Is
> there anything in particular I should look for?

IMO, no.  Are you receiving an interactive prompt of "Wine-dbg>" in your
console?  If yes, better try typing command "bt" to get the backtrace,
then.  Maybe the "bt all" command would help more.

My $.01, my $.01.