Missing dll's and wine says it is going into debugger

J. Grant jg at jguk.org
Mon Sep 20 18:19:17 CDT 2004

Hello,

I have installed eDonkey2000, the free version from www.overnet.com.  I
am using a one day old CVS build of WINE.

Could there be a Debug/Retry option for dll loading?  then I would have
time to copy the dlls and press Retry.  As it is, I have to restart the
entire process for each dll missing.

fixme:win:SetWindowTextA cannot set text "Output folder: C:\\opt\\ed2k"
of other process window 0x2006a
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA cannot set text "Execute:
C:\\opt\\ed2k\\eDonkey2000.exe" of other process window 0x2006a
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000b), starting debugger...
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr 0x401c88e8
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\opt\\ed2k\\edonkey2000.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCIRT.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\opt\\ed2k\\edonkey2000.exe") not found
Usage: winedbg [--auto] [--gdb] cmdline
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"C:\\opt\\ed2k\\edonkey2000.exe" failed, status c0000135

These are the two dlls which were displayed on my terminal.  It did
not end up in the debugger though, just the terminal after I pressed
ESC <Enter>.

After I copied these dlls, and restarted the process I get this text:

c:\opt\ed2k>edonkey2000.exe
c:\opt\ed2k>err:module:import_dll No implementation for
MSVCRT.dll.??_U at YAPAXI@Z imported from L"C:\\opt\\ed2k\\MSVCIRT.dll",
setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:module:import_dll No implementation for MSVCRT.dll.??_V at YAXPAX@Z
imported from L"C:\\opt\\ed2k\\MSVCIRT.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

although it is an "err" the process continues to run...  would you
like me to try and probe this dll futher to get the missing
impelementation name it is complaining about? (if that would help)

I am not on this list, so please include my email address in replies.

Kind regards

JG

--
Homepage: http://jguk.org/