Missing dll's and wine says it is going into debugger

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Sep 22 01:55:39 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 12:19:17AM +0100, J. Grant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed eDonkey2000, the free version from www.overnet.com.  I
> am using a one day old CVS build of WINE.
>
> Could there be a Debug/Retry option for dll loading?  then I would have
> time to copy the dlls and press Retry.  As it is, I have to restart the
> entire process for each dll missing.
Interesting idea, not sure whether it's feasible.

> After I copied these dlls, and restarted the process I get this text:
>
> c:\opt\ed2k>edonkey2000.exe
> c:\opt\ed2k>err:module:import_dll No implementation for
> MSVCRT.dll.??_U at YAPAXI@Z imported from L"C:\\opt\\ed2k\\MSVCIRT.dll",
> setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for MSVCRT.dll.??_V at YAXPAX@Z
> imported from L"C:\\opt\\ed2k\\MSVCIRT.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef
>
> although it is an "err" the process continues to run...  would you
> like me to try and probe this dll futher to get the missing
> impelementation name it is complaining about? (if that would help)
No need to do that, I already did it ;-)

[amoh at ws291 winedump]$ ./winedump sym '??_V at YAXPAX@Z'
Attempting to demangle symbol
Demangled symbol OK
void __cdecl _global_operator_delete_vector_1(void * arg0)

Now if you could implement it... ;-)

Andreas Mohr