RFC: more Windows-NT like user directories?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Thu Sep 23 03:55:52 CDT 2004

> One thing to keep in mind is that at some point we'll probably want to
> put the user-modified settings in HKCU instead of HKLM, so that the
> HKLM ones can be maintained automatically by wine.inf and friends.
> That will probably also require winecfg to somehow take into account
> the HKLM defaults and only record modified settings in HKCU, or
> something like that. But we can certainly live with everything in HKLM
> for now.

That should be pretty easy to implement. Right now I'm attacking the
drive configuration and I go back to university on a week Saturday so no
promises that it'll actually be done, but it should be trivial for
somebody else to do with the new code.