Get AdjustWindowRect working better

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Sep 23 15:09:09 CDT 2004

Richard Cohen <richard at daijobu.co.uk> writes:

> We shouldn't create a new file for *every single* test, but we should
> do so for an unrelated test. How 'unmanageable' is adding 1 line to
> Makefile.in?

There are more than 700 APIs in user32 alone. If we create a new file
for each one, that means 700 source files. Plus, with all the debug
symbols, the smallest object file weighs in at least 100K, so that's a
minimum of 70Mb of object files in that single directory. Multiply
that by the 150 dlls we have and it should be obvious why it's
unmanageable.

> I would rather have the tests as *maintaineable*.  If a test fails,
> isn't it easier to look through 200 lines than 2000 lines ?

No, since you get a line number with the failure message, you don't
have to look through the whole file.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org