Promoting WINE

Andreas Rosenberg sonix2003 at ctf-z.de
Thu Sep 23 11:48:55 CDT 2004

Hello Wine developers,

perhaps some guys will remember me. I'm working for a small
software company making a tool for FMEA and risk management.

Late last year I managed to make our application work with Wine
by submitting some patches.

Our company held it's anual user meeting this week in Pforzheim
(Germany) where about 150 people, working mostly for automotive
companies (Daimler Crysler, BMW, BOSCH, VALEO, AUTOLIV, TRW etc.)
attended.

Since we had some requests for a Linux version of our software,
I could arrange a short presenation of WINE in combination with
our software.

Two people talked to me after the presentation,indicating that
they have a strong interest in this topic and asked for a german
documentation how to install Wine.

Perhaps this presentation has put a seed into certain heads and
will show them ways to alternatives using software written
for Windows.

I thought, this might interest some of the developers.

Regards
  Andy