Get AdjustWindowRect working better

Richard Cohen richard at daijobu.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 08:38:18 CDT 2004

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> There are more than 700 APIs in user32 alone. If we create a new file
> for each one, that means 700 source files. Plus, with all the debug
> symbols, the smallest object file weighs in at least 100K, so that's a
> minimum of 70Mb of object files in that single directory. Multiply
> that by the 150 dlls we have and it should be obvious why it's
> unmanageable.

OK. I see the problem, but it's a one of disk space, rather than
manageability.

>>I would rather have the tests as *maintaineable*.  If a test fails,
>>isn't it easier to look through 200 lines than 2000 lines ?
>
> No, since you get a line number with the failure message, you don't
> have to look through the whole file.

To find the failing test, yes, but to fix the failing test, you
potentially have to check the whole file.  For example, the failing
AdjustWindowRect tests were caused by problems elsewhere in win.c

I think we can agree that

+ Disk space is cheap
+ Programmer time is expensive, and
+ 10 independent files of 200 lines are more maintainable than 1 file of
2000 lines

Since 'gcc -c *.c -o bigobject.o' doesn't work, would something like the
attached patch (using #include) be acceptable ?