Get AdjustWindowRect working better

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Sep 24 11:00:51 CDT 2004

Richard Cohen <richard at daijobu.co.uk> writes:

> OK. I see the problem, but it's a one of disk space, rather than
> manageability.

Well, disk space is part of manageability; but it's also an issue of
the number of files, and of the number of total tests (since each
separate test needs to create a new process).

> I think we can agree that
>
> + Disk space is cheap
> + Programmer time is expensive, and
> + 10 independent files of 200 lines are more maintainable than 1 file
> of 2000 lines

No, I don't agree with that. I think it's must better to group related
things in the same file, and while 10 files may seem OK today, that
thing will grow, and 10,000 files are much less manageable than 1000.

> Since 'gcc -c *.c -o bigobject.o' doesn't work, would something like
> the attached patch (using #include) be acceptable ?

No, there's no reason to do that.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org