tree/list-view slowness

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 10:59:53 CDT 2004

I am currently working on making Kazaa Lite 2.4.3 more usable.  The
most major problem remaining is that when the user chooses to search
for a file on the network, the program slows almost to a halt and
becomes mostly unmanageable.  The results are displayed in a
tree/list-view in the right pane [1].  I've looked into both of the
controls, and it seems like the slowness could be coming from their
implementation, but even when I set comctl32 to native, the problem
remains.  Also, I've done a trace+treeview and a trace+listview and
only treeview api's seem to be called and not listview.  Would it be a
possibility that they implemented their own listview?  Can anyone
describe a method I can use to track down the inefficiency?  Thankyou
for your help.

[1] http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jhawkins/klite.jpeg

--
James Hawkins