PATCH: imagelist: change ERR to TRACE

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Tue Sep 28 03:10:09 CDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 09:42:32AM +0200, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 06:44:16AM +0200, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> > License: LGPL, X11
> > Changelog:
> > 	Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com>
> > 	- native ImageList_Remove dosn't spit out an error message when
> > 	  deleting an index out of range so don't do that either
> Probably true, but native ImageList_Remove doesn't have its whole
> Windows environment completely buggy either. ;-)
> IOW: this was perhaps meant for Wine code bug tracking purposes
> (AFAIK Wine uses imagelists a lot internally, e.g. shell code or so).
> While an ERR is too verbose, TRACE is ill-suited for that (a wrong index
> certainly is an anomaly); thus I'd say it should be a WARN.
Well, that can be done too. The only reason i used TRACE is because till
now i've seen those ERRs only in the imagelist test output and in one
of FreeSolitaire's solitaire games. That's all application code, never
seen it in Wine code but i don't realy use the shell code.
I figure that i won't have to send in a new patch; if Alexandre likes
WARN more it's an easy fix to my patch.

bye
	michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart