SystemFunction036 debugging problem

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Tue Sep 28 03:44:53 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 05:38:10PM -0400, James Hawkins wrote:
> It turns out that SystemFunction036 is actually required to do
> something for MyPhotoCalendars.exe to install correctly because the
> installer exits with a program-level exception (ie not wine)  What I
> would like to do is run MyPhot...exe with winedbg and then set a
> breakpoint for SystemFunction036 so that execution will stop when that
> function is called so I can see who is calling it or something along
> those lines, but I set the break point and when SystemFunction036 is
> called, the program doesnt stop at all.
Why not use the native DLL, then do a +relay,+snoop trace, remember the
function return address and then in a new winedbg session, do a
disas around that location to find out everything you ever wanted
about SystemFunction036?

(you might need to set a breakpoint to a common function such as GetVersion
and run the program first, in order to actually get the program part
loaded into memory that calls SystemFunction036; some more c'ontinues on
GetVersion might be needed to finally get that part loaded)

Andreas Mohr