WINEDLLOVERRIDES for all dlls?

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:55:40 CDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:28:46 -0400, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes I know that isn't what I said before. I suck :)
>
> It's ok don't worry about it... thanks for the tip Mike.
>

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:37:49 +0100, Mike Hearn
> <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com> wrote:
> > > I used WINEDLLOVERRIDES="advapi32=b" WINEDEBUG=+loaddll, and it still
> > > shows the downloaded native advapi32.dll being loaded.
> >
> > You need WINEDLLOVERRIDES="*advapi32=b"
> >
> > Yes I know that isn't what I said before. I suck :)
> >

> --
> James Hawkins

I used WINEDLLOVERRIDES="*advapi32=b" and the installer got a little
further.  Not perfect, but better.

Back when I used no dll overrides (because I thought advapi32=b would
work for all instances of an advapi32.dll) I got this error:

err:vxd:VMM_VxDCall Using the native Win95 advapi32.dll is no longer supported.
err:vxd:VMM_VxDCall Please configure advapi32 to builtin.

If we don't want any user using a native advapi32.dll no matter what
the circumstances, shouldn't the default override for advapi32 be
*advapi32=b (no matter whether it's in a config file or the registry
or whatever)?  If the user is not using a config file, where are the
default overrides stored btw?

--
James Hawkins