WineConf Agenda

Steven Edwards steven at codeweavers.com
Fri Apr 1 16:13:06 CST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 02:20, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> 2) What's almost never been brought up on wine-devel is the
> unit testing in the XP sense.

The problem is you need to write a stub interface for all of the
functions the function or library you are testing due to all the
cross-calls win32 makes. You end up spending a huge ammount of time just
writting stubs. In the ReactOS CIS system Casper has implemented support
for this and while its a good idea it a rather large beast. I think he
developed a system to automagicly generate the stubs needed but then you
end up having two sets of tests to test the same functions. Not to
mention I don't see how it can work on Linux anyway.....

Thanks
Steven