discusion about a message loop in listview.c

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Apr 1 17:34:49 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 06:52:07PM +0200, Dietrich Teickner wrote:
> I have some weeks before reported, FlashFXP v3.02 loops with a
> message-loop in listview.c after login. It does this in Odin and in Wine.
> In Odin it stops in smaller time (deep 1000). Wine has a bigger stack,
> and so needs wine more time for this, bat I can see in the loog, the
> args for the function are more and more locatet at lower stack adresses.
> I have written this workarout for testing this problem in wine and in
> odin. with this FlashFXH 3.02 will display the contence of the server
> dir very fast at both environment. In the log I can see, that the
> message-loop was reported and stopped. I thing, we need a flag inside
> any  item to report every function, that can called recursive, this item
> is in work (function-separart, or global ?), that can stop recursions of
> this type in the future or many programms. I have also found this try
> does also helps Agent 2.0 in the groups->defailt propertys (only
> odin-tested).
> This does also every crashs in earlyer builds with stack overflow in odin.

Dietrich,

You need to create a small example app that exhibits this behaviour
such that it crashes on Wine/Odin, but runs in Windows. As things
stand, I can not test with either app since they don't install under
Wine. In any event, a small example app would be better, since the
source would be available too.

--
Dimi.