wineps: rewriting in terms of 32-bit functions

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Apr 3 00:08:47 CST 2005

Hi Huw,

Currenty wineps.dll is one of the worse offenders in terms
of using non-standard, 16-bit entry points. Namely, wineps
makes use of the following 16-bit functions:
    CloseJob16()
    DrvGetPrinterData16()
    DrvSetPrinterData16()
    OpenJob16()
    SelectVisRgn16()
    WriteSpool16()

I was wondering if there's anything that holds us back from
using 32-bit APIs instead of the 16-bit ones like so:
    CloseJob16()          --> ClosePrinter()
    DrvGetPrinterData16() --> GetPrinterDataEx()
    DrvSetPrinterData16() --> SetPrinterDataEx()
    OpenJob16()           --> OpenPrinter()
    SelectVisRgn16()      --> ?
    WriteSpool16()        --> WritePrinter()

I haven't looked too deeply into the problem, but given that
you probably know the code inside out, maybe you can help me
put this into perspective...

--
Dimi.