registry: order of insertion of values

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 16:43:44 CDT 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 4:33 PM, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been fixing tests that fail on all of Win9x/XP/2003, and I've
> found a difference between the way we insert new values.  What happens
> in advapi32/tests/registry.c - test_enum_value is that we already have
> 3 values created under the key Wine\\Test before the test starts.
> Then we make four calls to RegSetValueExA with 'Test' as the name of
> the value to set.  Since this value does not exist, it is created.

I see what's happening now.  The original author of test_enum_value
either didn't know about the 3 existing keys (maybe they were added
later) or he thought they wouldn't have an effect on the outcome of
the tests.  What I will do now is make a new, clean subdirectory in
which to run the tests with the new value.  This way the test will
pass on windows and wine.  The question is still up in the air though
about the order of insertion of new values.

--
James Hawkins