black-box implementation of CryptProtectData/CryptUnprotectData

Kees Cook kees at outflux.net
Mon Apr 4 00:00:19 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 11:56:34PM -0500, James Hawkins wrote:
> we do it should be encapsulated.  What I'm getting at is that just
> because this implementation is wine-specific doesn't mean some of the
> implementation data should go in Software\Wine.  Software\Wine is
> where the configurations of the wine program itself, not its
> implementation, are contained.  See what I mean?  btw it's great that

Sure, that's fine by me.  I wasn't really sure where to put it, but it's
easy to change; it's just a path at the top of the file.  In looking
around at other examples, it seemed the most sensible.  Is there a
"normal" implementation-data-storage area for Wine?  I just wanted to
avoid clashing with any other registry items.

I'm open to any suggestions.  :)

> you wrote this code and submitted it.  Sending the code in is the big
> first step.  I just think we should get a community opinion on this
> matter (ya never know, everyone may disagree with me!).  Keep up the
> good coding.

Thanks!

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net