[wine] Re: KERNEL: Implement undocumented SetCPGlobal API call

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Mon Apr 4 21:09:48 CDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 05:30, David Lee Lambert wrote:
> The solution in this case is to use Unicode internally, and then add calls
> to WideCharToMultibyte()...
> This situation is an even worse case to try hacking the undocumented
> Windows internationalization APIs.  Remember,  for instance, that
> Win95/98/ME *only* supports one OEM code page for the whole system...

I was going to write a detailed response to this, but then I thought "to hell
with it". You have assumed the presence of particular constraints, and the
absence of other particular constraints. To make such assumptions about
another arbitrary project you know nothing about is, to say the least,
presumptuous. To assume such things hold for every project imaginable is even
worse.

To accompany that with statements of the bleeding obvious about the APIs is
not helpful.

> Do you think IE or IIS actually uses this particular call?

Do you think I care what calls IIS and IE use?