crypt32: CryptProtectData/CryptUnprotectData take 2

Jakob Eriksson jakov at vmlinux.org
Wed Apr 6 04:54:49 CDT 2005

Kees Cook wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:32:11PM +0900, Mike McCormack wrote:
>

>>The new patch looks good.  I should have mentioned before that writing a
>>test case will help your patch be accepted.  Did you have any test code
>>about that you could turn into a test case for your newly implemented
>>functions?
>>

>Sure, I can write something.  I'll look around for docs on how to run
>tests -- I didn't find that when I looked around this morning.
>
>Also: I realize I should provide full documentation for the actual
>Windows API calls themselves.  I documented everything BUT those.  :)
>What's the convention for the number after the API name?  I've seen some
>with numbers, and some with just an "@" sign?

Copied from a post yesterday:

Thomas Kho mentioned that
http://www.geekymedia.com/twiki/bin/view.cgi/WineDev/AddingMakefile
was helpful to him.  Since the webmaster there says he's
taking down that wiki soon, here's a copy for posterity.

-- snip --
Topic: AddingMakefile (as part of a new Wine test)

Follow the example of the lzexpand test patch:
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2004/11/0182.html

Basic steps. (you'll have to chmod mod most of the files to 644 before
you can edit them)
   1. In your tests directory, look over wine/dlls/lzexpand/Makefile.in
and wine/dlls/lzexpand/tests/Makefile.in
   2. Now look at the Makefile.in in your dll directory. Copy it into
your tests dir and change the list of .c files to your test .c file
   3. Edit the Makefile.in file in your dll directory to add a subdirs
line (see lzexpand/Makefile.in for an example)
   4. In your wine directory, chmod 644 configure.ac
   5. Edit configure.ac, find your dll directory in the AC_CONFIG_FILES
and then add the path to your tests directory after it.
   6. In your wine directory, run autoconf. Make sure you have 2.53
installed (autoconf --version).
   7. Run configure. Your Makefile should be listed at the end now.
-- snip --

--
Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See
http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html