Starting up

David Gümbel david.guembel at itomig.de
Wed Apr 6 09:56:43 CDT 2005

Hello everybody,

- a while ago we were debating an initiative named "Wine-Probe"[1] (which
would roughly equal "Wine-tasting" in english) on wine-devel that was in
the making between Wirtschaftsförderung Region Stuttgart GmbH and us
(ITOMIG). Its goal is to make local software vendors aware of the potential
bussiness opportunity in a Wine-based port or a Wine/Linux version of their
software. It's also designed to be beneficial for the Wine project as a
whole, e.g. by providing AppDB entries and success stories.

This is to let you know that we've officially launched the initiative by
today. It has already made it into several (german speaking) news sites[2],
so I'd say things look promising. We're looking forward to the interest and
feedback we'll get in the weeks to come.

Cheers,

David

P.S. Apologies to whomever suggested "PortWine" as an alternative name -
after some discussion we've finally decided to stay with the "old" name ;)

[1] http://www.winehq.com/site?issue=254#WINEprobe%20Initiative
[2] http://www.golem.de/0504/37335.html
    http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2005/7996.html
    http://www.pc-magazin.de/common/nws/einemeldung.php?id=37335