[Wine]Re: ie5, ie6 won't install

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Apr 7 04:58:43 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 10:44:37AM +0100, Damnation wrote:
> i am trying to get ie6 installed, i looked at the aol boards and they
> suggested.
>
> that i get Ie6
> winetools
> aol communicator.
>
> aol communicator will allow me to get online with my aol account.
> unfortunatly as i try to install ie6 it complains about ole missing.
> unfortunatly i cannot get online to download the missing files through
> linux.
> because i need aol communicator working to get online(think of it as a
> custom dialer)
Really??
Which provider is that?
If it's AOL ("with my aol account" above), then it cannot be true:
AOL has long since switched to standard TCP/IP access.

Even if not, then I'd *bet* there's a custom Linux solution for that kind
of ISP.
(or in most cases it's probably a slightly bastardized/customized/strange
implementation of a pool of standard protocols, which should be quite feasible
to configure it on Linux)

Andreas Mohr