[Wine]Re: ie5, ie6 won't install

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Apr 7 05:38:54 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 11:12:57AM +0100, Damnation wrote:
> there is a dialer called penggy, but i couldn't get it working, me being a
> linux newbie.
I know that a normal AOL dialup connection IS available, but some comment
indicates that this might be Germany-only.
Are you sure there still is no standard TCP/IP dialup available?

> i was lost from the start. my best bet really was to use ie6 and attach aol
> communicator to it
> this would allow me to dial into the aol network.
No, that's your worst bet. Wine is not made to do network setup itself,
I'd guess that success probability is VERY low.
Not to mention that using the IE plus AOL communicator combo on Wine can be
a very daunting task as well.

So:
1. check whether standard TCP/IP dialup is possible
2. PengAOL (*much* easier(?) and *much* more useful than trying to use
   a wine-only AOL networking feat)
3. Wine

> but unfortunatly getting ie6 installed view wine has proven to be rarther
> difficult
See?

Andreas Mohr