[Wine]Re: ie5, ie6 won't install

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:29:56 CDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 6:46 AM, Damnation <damnation.85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ah i see, well they did suggest installing aol 7 on wine but everytime i did
> (they've done it)
>  i kept getting aol needs to restart to install windows services.
>  either that or windows needs to restart to install aol services.
>
>  and well it never gets past that, i will download penggy again later.
>  and install. if i fail could you suggest a place to post about inquiries,
> on how to fix the issue?

Hello,

I don't believe what you want is going to work. I had AOL 6,7, & 8
installed and running at one time but I had to tell it I was on a LAN
before it would work. So I don't believe the AOL dialer will work even if you
get everything installed.

I could be wrong tho and the dialer may work just fine,
I just never got it to work myself.

You may wan't to read over:
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialAOL.html

Tom