lostwages/templates/en status_ui.template

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Mon Apr 11 11:23:41 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 17:37 +0200, Paul van Schayck wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure here what kind of compatibility you are talking.
> But for actual page rendering gecko will never be mshtml compatible.
> MSHTML is an incorrect implantation of the W3 standards and mozilla is
> not recreating it.

But they already do. For instance, they implement some document.all
compatibility. I suspect they'd be willing to accept build-time #ifdef
TRIDENT_COMPATIBLE patches. If not, then we'd have to fork it.

> This is no problem as long as exact IE replication is not needed (ie.
> for simple display inside other applications). But for web designing
> where people want to see IE behaviour you will never want a different
> engine.

Sure, for people doing web pages they'll always want native behaviour.
The need to reimplement MSHTML (Trident) is for:

- Apps that embed it, like the HTML Help system
- Web apps that need IE compatible feature sets

thanks -mike