lostwages/templates/en status_ui.template

Jacek Caban jack at itma.pwr.wroc.pl
Mon Apr 11 13:34:14 CDT 2005

Mike McCormack wrote:

> Mike Hearn wrote:
>
>> You're right, but I hope you are not writing a rendering engine from
>> scratch! That would be madness. We really need to adapt Gecko to improve
>> its MSHTML compatibility here.

I don't touch the engine code! I use Gecko's embedding API. The HTML
rendering
will never be compatible at all, but that's not important in most cases.
What
we need is a compatible API, and that can be done using Gecko as HTML
engine,
everything else we have to implement ourself (eg. my current implementation
uses Gecko to download document - that also needs to be changed).

> Actually, I'd be interested to see how much of Gecko we'd need to
> import/port so that Wine could render HTML.  It seems pretty obvious
> to me from my experiments with the Mozilla Active X control that
> nobody is using it as it is.
>
> Mike

Soon you'll see - I promise:) If you mean how much of code do we need to
port to Wine tree, the answer is that no code excepting creating our
headers.
Everything else is in a shared library that can be loaded at runtime. My
current implementation imports only 6 functions (and 3 of theme are
to manipulate strings!). Everything else can be done using interfaces.

Jacek