[NtQuerySystemInformation #1] Fixes + tests (second round)

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 12 13:18:49 CDT 2005

Hi,

this is a second go at some unit tests and related fixes for
NtQuerySystemInformation.

The ultimate goal is to get SysInternal's Process Explorer running.

I welcome suggestions and remarks. If none I will submit this to
wine-patches and start the further works.

The differences between this one and the first is that I've tried to get
the needed length regardless of the passed Length. This is how
SystemProcessInformation and some others work and how MSDN tells us it
should be implemented. I've also found that M$ doesn't always do this.

The patch after this one will add so more unit tests. For example
SystemTimeOfDayInformation will always return STATUS_SUCCESS even if the
given buffer is too small.

Cheers,

Paul Vriens.

Changelog
  Start of unit tests for NtQuerySystemInformation
  Return STATUS_INVALID_INFO_CLASS for non-implemented classes
  Return len regardless of given Length
  Return STATUS_INFO_LENGTH_MISMATCH if given length is not sufficient
  Return STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION if no buffer given