Menu - loop of sending and receiving WM_TIMER

Jose Alonso alonso at estadao.com.br
Thu Apr 14 13:22:24 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 19:49 +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> WM_TIMER messages are not posted, so the message can't possibly be
> removed by get_posted_message. It will be handled in
> find_expired_timer, which will return a new message and restart the
> timer.

Yes, the first time that PeekMessage (1) is called, the timer message is
handled by find_expired_timer, but the timer is not restarted because
the parameter PM_NOREMOVE is set.
The WM_TIMER message remains in the queue, and next time the
PeekMessage (3) is called with PM_REMOVE the get_post_message is called.
I confirmed this by putting some "printf" in queue.c

      alonso