Broken cross-build, again.

Paul Millar paul at astro.gla.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 15:25:20 CDT 2005

Hi guys,

On Thursday 14 Apr 2005 20:04, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> * On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Jacek Caban wrote:
> > Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> > >Is someone working on any atoi() implementation [...]
> > Here you have:
> It not me who doesn't have it.  It's a question: is anyone prepared patch
> to solve this problem.  Just some etiquette, right?

Sure.

AFAIK, no one is working on it: up to this point, I certainly hadn't.

> And the second question is: should it go to the "include/wine/test.h" or
> some separate header like a "include/wine/strings.h".

I think really we want a separate module that can be linked in as part of the
build process.  I've always thought (albeit secretly) that having functions
inside include/wine/test.h is a bit of a hack.

> > int atoi(char* buf)
[...]
> BTW, Jacek, your implementation lacks ability to skip leading white-spaces
> which isn't a case for __atoi64() and StrToInt()  already implemented by
> Wine. ;-P

Also:
  I wouldn't call the function atoi() -- it would only cause confusion.
Although I must admit calling it winetest_atoi() is a bit of a mouthful.

  'fraid your code also doesn't handle text (of any type) after the numbers;
c.f.
  http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/test_atoi.c

HTH,

Paul.