USB status ...

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 13:08:25 CDT 2005

--- Lars Segerlund <lars.segerlund at comsys.se> wrote:

>  What is the status of wines USB support ?
>
>  I have an IDE for a developement board and I really
> would like to flash it from
>  Linux, ( I don't have windows), and this uses USB
> to talk to the board.
>  Is there anything done yet or am I on my own ?
>
>  Can someone also giva a hint on the feasibiliyt,
> complexity of managing a USB
>  implementation for wine ? I am rather good at linux
> device drivers and such.
>
>  / regards, Lars Segerlund.

There's not much I can say in the way of development,
but as a user, getting USB support (beyond what's
supported in the kernel) would be a HUGE leap of
improvement for Wine.  I think others have said before
that there are a lot of apps out there that will run
on Wine, but are useless because they depend on their
hardware counterpart.  (In the music world, Guitarport
comes to mind.)

Hiji