D3D9 Work?

Benjamin Cutler cutler at cs.colostate.edu
Thu Apr 21 02:53:32 CDT 2005

I was discussing this with some others who hang out in the #winehackers
channel, and I'm curious who else might be working on the D3D9 portion
of Wine. I was unsure of how ready for inclusion into the main branch
the unofficial patches are, but I've heard from a couple sources that
most of the patch isn't. I'd like to get some opinions on what's ready
and what's not. I'd hate to start submitting pieces of the patch, only
to find out that person X was already working on that part and had
something better in mind, or even worse to find out that somebody's been
maintaining contact with Oliver and I'm just getting overeager to see
the patches in Wine.

Somebody also mentioned that there are others waiting for Oliver's
patches to be submitted so that they can continue their D3D9 work, so I
was curious if there were any of you out there that fall into that category.

At present, the best I can really do to contribute is help keep the
branch synced up with the current CVS (migrating the 20050310 patch to
20050419 resulted in a lot of conflicts that took me most of the night
to work through), but given some time I could probably learn enough
about DX9 to get a better handle on how things are supposed to work and
start making more solid contributions. That will probably have to wait
until late May, however, once this college year ends.