D3D9 Work?

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:59:40 CDT 2005

On 4/21/05, Benjamin Cutler <cutler at cs.colostate.edu> wrote:
> I was discussing this with some others who hang out in the #winehackers
> channel, and I'm curious who else might be working on the D3D9 portion
> of Wine. I was unsure of how ready for inclusion into the main branch
> the unofficial patches are, but I've heard from a couple sources that
> most of the patch isn't. I'd like to get some opinions on what's ready
> and what's not. I'd hate to start submitting pieces of the patch, only
> to find out that person X was already working on that part and had
> something better in mind, or even worse to find out that somebody's been
> maintaining contact with Oliver and I'm just getting overeager to see
> the patches in Wine.

Well at minimal, you can submit small bug-fix patches to try to avoid
duplicate work.  I've been testing D3D9 and I know for sure there are
bugs out there.  There may be some in Oliver's patch, and I'm sure
he'd appreciate the help when he gets back.  So in case there is some
other work going on, just keep testing a little what we got and we can
make the life easier for someone that knows more and can spend time on
it.

Jesse