Program cannot be run in DOS mode

Dustin Navea speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:59:43 CDT 2005

I dont think (although I could be wrong) that programs compiled in vs6
would have dependencies on .net, even if they were compiled on xp..  You
said that you are able to get other programs to run, such as winzip and
solitaire?  If that is the case, then what I said above more than likely
_is_ wrong :-/ in which case not much can be done.  You could always try
your hand at implementing the missing .net functions, but this may be a
bigger task than it is worth.  The other option if you must get it going
on linux is to port it to linux using winelib, although if it is
dependent on .net that may not be possible either..

Anyone else have any comments on this?

Dustin

Brendan Clark Ribera wrote:
> Yeah, I know enough of Linux to do that.  It just strikes me as weird
> that all of the executables I've downloaded (WinZip, etc) have produced
> no errors.  Someone suggested this might be due to .NET dependencies in
> the Windows XP binaries, but I might as well try a newer version of Wine.
>
> Brendan
>
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Dustin Navea wrote:
>
>> Hi, that does seem a little strange.  It could be that there is
>> something wrong with the package.  How familiar are you with Linux?
>> Familiar enough to know what CVS is and how to use it to get the
>> bleeding edge version of wine, and enough to know how to compile it
>> from scratch, if I pointed you to the guide that tells you how?
>>
>> Dustin
>>
>> Brendan Clark Ribera wrote:
>>

>>> The version I'm running is from an RPM on winehq.com (I'm running
>>> Fedora Core 2).  Also, I considered the .NET problem, so I compiled a
>>> little "Hello World" program in Visual Studio 6, which also produced
>>> this error.  I don't know if perhaps VS 6 has been made to
>>> encorporate .NET libraries, but I was really surprised to see that
>>> program not work.
>>>
>>> Someone else suggested trying an NT-based winver, which I found not
>>> to help.
>>>
>>> Brendan

[-info not relevant to the nature of this specific email snipped-]