windows file dialogs with unix file path

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 19:38:07 CDT 2005

Hi,

--- Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> Hmm, I feel like I've seen that before. Where???

Windows is supposed to be able to be able to handle anything for a drive letter now. I have seen
the Euro symbol used for a drive letter. It would be more inituitive to the user to have unix:/
rather than Z: but I don't think GetLogicalDriveStrings() can handle this

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/fs/getlogicaldrivestrings.asp

so you would need to use RtlDosFilenameToNtFilename or whatever it was called and do some magic
with the object manager such as pointing to \\.\unix\ and maybe add "unix:" to the list of
built-in device names (like LPTx, AUX, NUL, etc.). Then you might be able to hack a dialog to
point to the device name.

Thanks
Steven