PATCH: gcc4 alias fixes

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Apr 24 16:49:08 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 10:02:47PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the patch I use for gcc4.0 here.
>
> I am not really sure why this aliasing was introduced,
> but it will not work this way anymore.

I still don't understand why it doesn't work.

It was introduced because using macros it not always acceptable.
Some source uses these functions in ways that break if they are
defined as macros.

Defining them as inline functions work, but we can't do so for
varargs, in which case we used aliases.

What was the reason to break them, and why they don't work?
They are aliasing to things that _are_ defined, so I'm not
sure what is going on there.

--
Dimi.