msn webcam status

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:05:14 CDT 2005

just thought I'd drop by and say how things are going..

i submitted a lot of patches already, and trying to get those commited,
although they are not directly required for webcam support, they are
meant to increase general stability, and fix some bugs:

- dlls/avicap32: wrote a basic capgetdriverdescription (Trying to get it
committed)
- dlls/devenum: wrote videoinputdevice enumeration based on
capgetdriverdescription (Trying to get it committed)
- dlls/quartz: wrote some general fixes for filtergraph.c/pin.c added
capturegraphbuilder interface (Trying to get those committed)

of course, there's also the vfwcapture interface itself, after trying to
get it to work with a real webcam, instead of the very flexible bttv
driver, i came to the conclusion i needed to do some major background
changes

the vfwcapture interface itself won't change, because that part is now
near perfect, but the stuff behind it is messy

on itself, the interface is not useful, it needs the other fixes I
posted above, so now I'm just waiting until those patches are
implemented, my disk is getting too full with all those patches (only
semi joking, i'm losing track of them..)