Make test status - latest CVS

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 10:17:47 CDT 2005

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> The problem is that I'm not interested in this test. I just think
> that, off the shelf, tests should not fail. My opinion is that if this
> is not a problem with Wine, it shouldn't fail the test.

The issue from a test perspective is that wine fails differently
than windows under this situation.  Wine really does
initialization at CoCreateInstance and our Initialize
really does nothing.  Wine should fail at Initialize, not
CoCreateInstance.

Moving initialization to Initialize will require some
restructuring of the code in dsound.dll.  I'll look into it
but won't promis any fixes real soon.