Automatic ANSI<>Unicode message translation

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Thu Aug 4 22:39:09 CDT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:22, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> I very carefully have read your mail, the code, and the results you have
> got. Did you try to remove SetCPGlobal calls and see whether it actually
> changes anything?

Obviously you didn't, because if you did you'd realise that each program
performs 3 series of tests - one before *any* calls to SetCPGlobal, then a
series after each value of SetCPGlobal.

You would also have realised that one of the tests was performed on a system
whose native code page is 950, particularly since I (1) said as much and (2)
show the default code page as the first line of output in each test file
(which you would have noticed either by reading the source file or by looking
at the test output).

You haven't mentioned any tests you have done that show some other behaviour.
If you have, supply them and show your results.

By the way:

>> WM_CHAR messages are delivered "immediately" whether sent by SendMessage or
>> PostMessage.
>
>Actually not immediately, just fast enough, so that
GetMessage/DispatchMessage
>delivers a message while the thread does Sleep.

Why do you think I put the word in quotes?