Inconsistency/bug with GetProcAddress

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sun Aug 7 05:23:13 CDT 2005

Felix Nawothnig wrote:

> Yes it is. NTDLL and KERNEL32 are both mapped to always the same address
>  on >=NT4 (in NT3 only NTDLL was at a fixed address however).

KERNEL32 and NTDLL are special cases because they are loaded first when
the address space is empty, and since the NT kernel has no address space
randomization they will consistently end up at the same address.

As far as I know, there's no *garantee* of that, it just happens to be
that way.  If you know otherwise, please point me to the relevant
documentation. :)

Mike