S/GetCommState

biffer os bifferos at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 06:53:37 CDT 2005

I have an application failing to communicate at 19200,
but working at 57600.  I've got about 40k of logs of
DCB dumps for a case it fails (19200 baud) and the
case it succeeds (57600 baud).  If anyone wants I can
post them here.

But...

Any particular reason why GetCommState doesn't first
zero the passed structure, or set the size with
sizeof()?

If an app fails to zero its supplied DCB structure for
a Get, and Windows *does* then code might work for
Windows and fail for Wine?  I don't have a windows box
to test this though.

It also strikes me that ignored DCB elements from a
Set operation should be stored in a map associated
with the underlying ports so the values can be
retrieved on the next Get call and the 'Set' will
appear to have succeeded, don't know if anyone would
like to comment on that.

-biff.