[OLE #98] Re: By-pass RPC Runtime If Possible When Calling An STA

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Aug 12 04:51:12 CDT 2005

* On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> * On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Robert Shearman wrote:
> > * Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> > > * The log message from [1] says:

> > > After the change [2] running ole32 marshal test makes the process
> > > unkillable on my winME.
> >
> > That test needs to be completely removed then. I'm surprised the Win9x
> > implementation of COM differs so much from the WinNT version.
>
> The funny thing is that the test didn't fail on Win95 and Win98 [3]!
> It does on *my* WinME.  As I see no other WinME testers, I guess only my
> box' setup is at fault.

I was right.  This happens due to the program, called FreeWheel [4].  It
sets system-wide hook and plays with messages related to mouse wheel and
scrolling.

It comes with no src AFAIK, and the only way to "fix" this is to quit
FreeWheel.exe before I run winetest*.exe, I guess.

[4] http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html