Regression in DVD Shrink

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Sun Aug 14 09:05:02 CDT 2005

Some more informations.

Wine version: 20050725

The problem seems to be related with css encrypted discs.

Scenarios:
A:
1)put an unencrypted disc and mount it
2)run dvd shrink and open the disc
=> success

B:
1)put a css encrypted disc and mount it
2)run dvd shrink and open the disc
=> failure

C:
1)put a css encrypted disc and mount it
2)run dvdbackup and let it find the keys using libdvdcss
3)run dvd shrink and open the disc
=> success

D:
1)put a css encrypted disc and mount it
2)run dvd shrink and open the disc (failure)
3)run dvdbackup and let it find the keys using libdvdcss
=> failure (i.e. dvdbackup fails until I umount and remount the disc)

Using Wine 20050628 the same problems arise. Before everything was working from
the start but I think that before gnome was opening my dvd using a media player
when automounting so that the decryption process might already have taken place
before I run DVD Shrink.

I'm changing the title of this bug report to reflect this.

WINEDEBUG=+aspi doesn't give more informations.

--
Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch>