World of Warcraft

Jacob Emcken jacob at emcken.dk
Sat Aug 13 04:47:01 CDT 2005

Hi,

cyrix12 at cox.net wrote:
> It's me again.  The latest WoW patch (1.5.1) broke stuff again, and now I'm unable to click on anything outside of menu items in game.  The issue seems to be related to camera angle, as I am able to click on items/people when I have my camera positioned just right.  It's basically unplayable at the moment though.
>
> Anyway, I'd appreciate it if one of the OpenGL/D3D guys (it's most likely something that would be easily fixed by one of you) could take a look at it if they have some free time.

For me the bug has disappeared after upgrading to Ubuntu Breezy with a
2.6.12 kernel and the lastest release of WINE.

I stumbled upon a post on a Gentoo forum where a few people said that
they didn't need the ugly cadega workaround to play WoW after using
kernel 2.6.12.

So after I got Ubuntu upgraded from Hoary to Breezy (which uses a 2.6.12
kernel instead of a 2.6.10) I tested WoW with a clean WINE 20050725
(Debian packages from wine.df.net/apt).

The bug hasn't shown itself since. I belive it is the kernel upgrade.
I dunno, I might have just been lucky.

Just wanted to let you know, dunno if I have just been lucky.

Regards
--Jacob