Lostwages: howto.diff

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 04:39:39 CDT 2005

On 8/15/05, Paul Vriens <Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> As winecfg is currently THE tool why not refer to this (and maybe also to Winetools) this way more
> and more people will use it (and make it better?).

for new versions of Wine winecfg is the default tool to setup/edit a setup.
So I figured most people would use it in new versions. There is the
possibility even probability new users won't know about winecfg... I
was just recommending WineTools for people still using older versions
of Wine. I'm sure the WineTools guys will fix there nifty tool to
comply with the changes that have taken place. And I will be editing
this page again to tell people to choose the front end of there
choice.

So do you think I should say if you use a version of Wine from
20050628 forward we recommend that you use winecfg, and for versions
older than 20050628 use WineTools?

Tom