fontforge 20050729 insists on adding .ttf extension

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 17 15:04:01 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:25:29PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> ChangeLog:
> 	fontforge 20050729 insists on adding .ttf extension even if
> 	the requested output file name ends with a dot.  So let's use
> 	names ending with ttf.  These are ttf files, and we are not even
> 	installing them.

This looks good to me.  What seems to have happened was that George
Williams gave Rob a workaround to a fontforge regression, that
regression has since been fixed and the workaround no longer works.

So applying this patch (in affect reversing Rob's) seems like the
right thing to do, at the expense of breaking font creation for some
versions of fontforger.  Ideally we'd detect a broken fontforge, but I
don't think it's really worth the effort.

Huw.