Throwing in an idea (probably it was discussed before though)

Ivan Leo Puoti ivanleo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 05:24:27 CDT 2005

John Smith wrote:
> Situation is pretty simple. We have an application, which works Ok under
> WINE, provided that Managed=N specified

Then just tell your users to set that in winecfg, AFAIK winecfg allows app specific settings.
I'm sure your great guys but any such mechanism could be easily abuse by lazy programmers, also once
it wasn't needed some sort of backwards compatibility may even be needed, I don't think it's a great
idea. One simple solution would be to provide default settings for apps that have known problems,
Alexandre hasn't ruled that out if it helps some apps to work out of the box.

Ivan.