UpdateWindow doesn't call XFlush

Michael Kaufmann hallo at michael-kaufmann.ch
Mon Aug 22 08:05:14 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I've noticed that after an application calls UpdateWindow, the window
contents doesn't get updated until the application requests the next
event (GetMessage/PeekMessage). That's because UpdateWindow doesn't
flush the X output queue (XFlush).

I think the best approach would be that UpdateWindow calls GdiFlush, but
this function is currently not implemented. The problem is that GdiFlush
doesn't get a DC handle, it must figure out itself which DCs it has to
flush.

Can anyone implement GdiFlush or propose another mechanism on how to
call XFlush in UpdateWindow?

Regards
Michael