Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Aug 24 10:35:16 CDT 2005

Hello,

I would like to add a 'My Documents' icon to shell32. This icon has a resource
ID of 235 in WinXP's shell32.

Apparently one can't load resources from wine's own dlls, though. If you call
PrivateExtractIcons with 'c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll' as the file name
parameter, you'll get a 'WARN: File %s not found or path too long'. I guess
that's because there is no such file in wine's fake windows environment.

There is a hack (which is even declared as a hack in the comment) in the
initialization code of the 'Shell Icon Cache' (starting from line 372 in
'dlls/shell32/iconcache.c'). It loads the first 38 icons from shell32 at
initialization time, and later returns them from the cache without having to
access the file (which would'nt work).

This seems to be a principal problem (Loading resources from wine dlls, if
they are accessed by the filename they have on a windows system). Are there
any plans on how to fix this?

Bye,
--
Michael Jung